These AP 9th Class Social Studies Important Questions 24th Lesson Disaster Management will help students prepare well for the exams.
AP State Syllabus 9th Class Social 24th Lesson Important Questions and Answers Disaster Management
9th Class Social 24th Traffic Education 1 Mark Important Questions and Answers
Write any two causes for road accidents. (SA-II 2018-19)
- Alcohol & drunk & driving
- Street racing
- Weather related
- Cell phones, etc.
9th Class Social 24th Traffic Education 2 Marks Important Questions and Answers
The Pie chart below shows the Age profile of road crash victims for 2016. Read the chart and answer the following question.
Q : What is the best conclusion that can be drawn from the information provided in the “Pie” chart? (SA-II 2018-19)
According to the chart, the main thing is
- In road accidents all kinds of age people are there.
- Majority of accident victims are between 25-35 years of age.
- Majority of victims are adolescence stage.
- The main reason behind is lack of traffic education.
- So create awareness about traffic education.
9th Class Social 24th Traffic Education 4 Marks Important Questions and Answers
Analyse the information given above and based on that write the need and significance of Traffic Education. (SA-III : 2016-17)
- In the given year 2012, 2577 accidents took place.
- Two wheelers (30%), Four wheelers (28%), caused more accidents.
- Over speed, no awareness about traffic rules are main reasons for the accidents.
- Youth are the main victims of the accidents.
Significance of traffic education :
- Traffic education is essential for equipping children sufficiently to become safe road users.
- Traffic education is heeded to encourage safe traffic activities.
- Traffic education is very essential for every age group.
- Traffic education for educated road users can be easily done through media, T.V. and radio.
9th Class Social 24th Traffic Education Important Questions and Answers
What is traffic?
Movement of any object from one place to another is traffic like wire movement of any vehicle from one place to another place on the road is road traffic.
What is Traffic Education?
Traffic Education is the education which describes the traffic rules and regulations in a clear and simple way.
What is the need and significance of Traffic Education?
As young people become more independent, they are exposed to increase risks. Especially teenagers are an important group of road users. Many are unaware that road incidents are the biggest cause for serious accidents and deaths. It is necessary to teach all the road safety measures clearly to avoid accidents.
How does breath analyser work?
When a person drinks alcohol it is absorbed in to the blood and is circulated through out the body. As this blood reaches the lungs, the air we exhale carries traces of alcohol which is measured by the gadget. In a way the exhaled air would contain alcohol traces along with Carboh-di-oxide. These machines can pick up even the slightest traces of alcohol. Police Officer cannot delete the record in breath analyser even though he wants to help the victim.
Why does the RTA cancel the driving licenses?
The Regional Transport Authority can disqualify persons from holding driving license or revoke the same if the person:
- is a habitual drunkard.
- is an addict to any narcotic drug
- is using a vehicle in the commission of cognizable offence
- is driving dangerously
- is using the vehicle without registration
- is not giving any information required to the police
- is not shifting the victim of the accident in which his or her vehicle is involved to the nearest hospital
- does not produce the following certificates on demand by police- Certificate of Insurance, – Certificate of Registration- Driving License- Pollution Certificate
Explain the division of Roads.
Division of roads:
It is laid on either side of the road for the use of pedestrians. It is built with of about 2 meters
2. Road divider :
The road is divided into two halves with cement slabs
3. Zebra Crossings :
Zebra Crossing is the place where the pedestrians cross the road these are laid at places where traffic is heavy.
What are the hurdles of road safety?
Hurdles of road safety :
- Negligence of civilians
- Pathetic conditions of roads
- Unsafe vehicle design
- Under implementation of road safety standards
- Lack of proper enforcement of laws
- Lack of emergency services.
Read the following rules and answer the given questions.
Rules for pedestrians :
- Walk on the footpath. If footpath is not available and the road is narrow, walk on the right side of the road watching the oncoming traffic.
- Must use reflective clothing at night when walking outside built up area.
- Always carry a torch while walking at night time.
- Do look for safe place to cross and look left and right listen for traffic.
- Let any traffic coming in either direction.
- Walk briskly straight across the road when it is clear and continue to watch and listen for walking.
- Use zebra Lines for crossing roads.
- Don’t use the mobile in any form while walking/ crossing i.e. either listening to songs.
- Take the help of traffic police while crossing the road.
- Pedestrians do not walk on roads in inebriated condition.
1) Where should we walk if footpath is not available?
If footpath is not available and the road is narrow, walk on the right side of the road watching the on coming traffic.
2) What should we carry at night time while walking?
3) What should we use for crossing roads?
4) Can we use mobile phones while walking on footpath?
No, we cannot.
5) Pedestrians must use ……………… clothing at night when walking outside built up area.
Read the following passage and answer the given questions.
Traffic Signals :
A traffic Light, traffic signal or a stop light is a signatory device position at a road intersection to indicate when it is safe to drive through. Follow traffic signals at the junction, i.e. Red- stop before line; Orange- get ready to go; Green- move the vehicle.
1) Write the names of signatory devices.
Traffic light, traffic signal or stop light.
2) What does it indicate?
It indicates when it is safe to drive through.
3) Where can we find signals?
At the junctions.
4) Match the following :
1. Red ( ) a. Move the vehicles
2. Orange ( ) b. Get ready to go
3. Green ( ) c. Stop before line
1 – c,
2 – b,
3 – a