AP State Syllabus AP Board 9th Class Social Studies Important Questions Chapter 20 Democracy: An Evolving Idea.
AP State Syllabus 9th Class Social Studies Important Questions 20th Lesson Democracy: An Evolving Idea
9th Class Social 20th Lesson Democracy: An Evolving Idea 2 Marks Important Questions and Answers
What is the most important reason to vote for and elect leaders in a democracy? (SA-II : 2018-19)
Democracy is completely based on voting system.
- Right to vote create a chance to voters to select good government.
- People select the leader who is capable and solve their problems.
- Right to vote is most important, because people should express their opinion.
9th Class Social 20th Lesson Democracy: An Evolving Idea 4 Marks Important Questions and Answers
“Democracy which respects the freedom and rights of all people may be the best way to solve some of the complex problems the countries in the present day world.’
Do you agree which this statement? Justify your answer. (SA-II : 2018-19)
Today a new kind of democracy is been forged across the world in which even the poorest and most vulnerable people will have a voice and will be able to influence policies and ensure justice and peace for all.
“Democracy is the best form of Government”. Comment on it. (SA-II : 2017-18)
Democracy is the best form of government by following ways.
- Democracy provide freedom.
- Democracy represents the people.
- It is better governance due to transparency.
- Democracy gives respect to human rights.
- It promotes the human rights.
- It gives more freedom of speech and expression.
9th Class Social 20th Lesson Democracy: An Evolving Idea Important Questions and Answers
Observe the following table and answer the given questions.
|Inequality of Incomes in Selected Countries|
|Country||Share of National Income (%)|
|Top 20||Bottom 20|
1) Which country has more inequality?
2) What is the difference in USA?
3) Among the given countries, which is the South American country?
4) Which country has least difference?
Read the following passage and answer the given questions.
Belgium : Belgium is a small country in Europe. Of the country’s total population, 59 per cent lives in the Flemish region and speaks Dutch language. Another 40 percent people live in the Wallonia region and speak French. Remaining one per cent of the Belgians speak German. In the capital city Brussels, 80 per cent people speak French while 20 per cent are Dutch- speaking.
1) Where is Belgium?
Belgium is a small country in Europe.
2) Who speaks Dutch language?
59% of population of Belgium lives in the Flemish region and speaks Dutch language.
3) Who speaks French?
40% lives in the Wallonia region and speaks French.
4) What per cent of people speak German?
One per cent of people speak German.
5) What is the capital city of Germany?
Read the following passages and answer the given questions.
In Sri Lanka, post its independence in 1948, the leaders of the Sinhala community sought to secure dominance over government by virtue of their majority. As a result, the democratically elected government adopted a series of majoritarian measures to establish Sinhala supremacy.
Sinhala was made the only official language, disregarding Tamil. The governments followed preferential policies that favoured Sinhala applicants for jobs. A new constitution stipulated that the state shall protect and foster Buddhism. All these government measures, coming one after the other, gradually increased the feeling of alienation among the Sri Lankan Tamils.
1) When did Sri Lanka get its independence?
2) What community is mentioned here?
3) What did the democratically elected government adopt?
The democratically elected government adopted a series of majoritarian measures to establish Sinhala supremacy.
4) Sinhala was made the only official language, disregarding ___________
5) A new constitution stipulated that the state shall protect and foster ___________