These AP 6th Class Science Important Questions 1st Lesson Food Components will help students prepare well for the exams.
AP State Syllabus 7th Class Physical Science 1st Lesson Important Questions and Answers The Food we Need
6th Class Science 1st Lesson The Food we Need 2 Mark Important Questions and Answers
What is the theme of World Food day 2019?
The World Food day theme was “Zero Hunger”.
What are ingredients?
The materials which are required to prepare food are known as Ingredients.
What are the different food sources for human beings?
Plants, animals and seawater are the food sources for human beings.
Write the ingredients to prepare chicken curry.
Chicken, tomato, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, cinnamon, ginger and garlic paste, oil, onion, salt and coriander leaves.
Which food item do you like? Why?
I like payasam because I like the food items which are sweety in taste.
Give some examples of cereals.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, etc.
What are the food items that are taken in breakfast?
Idli, dosa and chutney, bread, milk, egg are the food items that are commonly taken in breakfast by different people.
What are the different methods used in the preparation of food?
Boiling, Steaming, Fermentation, Roasting, Deep frying are the different methods used in the preparation of food.
Why rice items are very common in our area?
In our state, geographical and climatic conditions are more suitable for growing rice. So we prefer rice items more in our area.
What is FAO?
Food and Agriculture Organisation.
United Nations Development Programme.
What is boiling?
It is a food preparation method used to make the food items Rice, dal, eggs and potato etc.
Give examples of food items prepared by the fermentation process.
Bread, Jilebi, Cake, Dosa, Idli are the food items prepared by the fermentation process.
List out the junk foods that are commonly eaten by us.
Pizza, Burger, Chips, Fried fast food, Noodles, Samosa, French fries, etc. are junk foods.
What is vegetable carving?
Making of different types of designs and decorations with vegetables is called vegetable carving.
What are natural preservatives?
Salt, oil, turmeric powder, sugar and honey are natural preservatives.
Give examples of artificial preservatives.
Benzoates, Nitrates, Sulphates are artificial preservatives.
How does food get its taste?
The taste of food depends on its ingredients, method of preparation and cultural habits.
What do we get from animals?
We get milk, meat, egg and honey from animals.
Give examples of the stem that stores food.
Sugarcane, onion, garlic, turmeric, ginger plants store food in the stem.
Why do we keep certain fruits in sugar syrup or honey?
Sugar syrup or honey is used in the canning and freezing of fruits to improve its flavour and to preserve its natural colour and taste.
Name the vegetables/fruits that are used in the preparation of pickles.
Mango, lemon, tamarind”, amla, tomato, chillies etc.
Why fishes are dried or smoked?
Drying and smoking is help to reduce the moisture content in fish. So that it can be preserved properly without getting spoiled.
Is there ‘any a relationship’ of food habits and growing crop for that particular
Yes. People living in one region thy have some food habits. So that farmers cultivate that type of food crops which are suitable for that geographical and climatic conditions.
What are the common ingredients that used in making pickles?
Salt, oil, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garlic, fenugreek powder and asafoetida are commonly used ingredients in the preparation of pickles.
What are the different food items that are prepared by using rice?
Idli, dosa, dal rice, vegetable rice, biryani, Pongal, kichadi are the food items prepared by using rice.
6th Class Science 1st Lesson The Food we Need 4 Mark Important Questions and Answers
We take some of the food in large quantities whereas the others in small quantity. Why is it so?
Body needs calories to perform the metabolisms.
- Our body needs calories so that we take carbohydrate rich food in large quantities.
- Proteins are the body building nutrients which are necessary for growth and development.
- • Vitamins and minerals are present in vegetables and fruits. These nutrients required to our body in small quantities.
What are the Indian spices? What is its role in the preparation of food?
- Indian spices are aromatic parts of a plant which are added in a variety of dishes.
- We get spices from the bark and roots of certain plants, leaves, flowers or stems of the plant.
- These are used for the flavouring, colouring or preserving food.
- Ex. Cardamom, black pepper, curry leaves, fenugreek, fennel, ajwain, bay leaves, cumin, coriander leaves, turmeric, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon.
Ramu said that all food items are sources of plants and animals. Do you support this statement? Why? Why not?
- Vegetables, fruits, cereals and pulses etc. are the ingredients obtaining from the plants.
- Egg, milk, meat etc are the food ingredients obtaining from the animals.
- So, I support this statement as all these food ingredients are derived from the plant and animal sources.
- We get food from plants and animal sources.
- At the same time salt is derived from the other sources.
- Salt is an important ingredient for preparing the all food items.
- So that I can’t support the statement that all food items are sources of plants and animals.
What questions do you pose to know about the food sources of human being?
- Where do we get ingredients?
- Where does the food ingredients of food come from?
- What are the main food sources?
- Is there any source other than plants and animals?
How will you appreciate plants and animals in the view of food sources?
- Plants and animals are the main food sources for us.
- We get vegetables, fruits, cereals and pulses etc. from the plants.
- We get milk, meat, egg and honey from the animals.
- If we have not these food sources on earth the existence of life become impossible.
What are the effects of the junk foods on human health?
Eating of junk food causes,
- increased obesity,
- loss of memory and learning problems,
- worsens appetite and digestion,
- inadequate growth and development,
- heart diseases and stroke.
Prepare some slogans to avoid the junk food.
- Know your health -Say no to junk food
- Fast food – Fast death
- Put junk food into dustbin not into the stomach
- Eating pizzas and burgers daily, gives you a round belly
- Junk food is an injurious to health
Write about the steaming process.
- Steaming process is a method of preparation of food.
- In this process boiling of water causes it to vaporize into steam.
- The steam carries heat to the food, thus cooking the food.
- Idli, cake, egg is cooked by steaming process.
Why do you follow different methods for preparing the food?
- Preparation of food is an art. It is prepared in different ways.
- There should be no loss of nutrients while cooking.
- Some food items are delicious in certain food preparing methods.
- The taste of the food depends on its ingredients and the method of preparation also. So that we use different methods for preparing the food.
Why do we preserve the food?
- Food preservation is the process of treating and handling food to stop or slow down spoilage.
- It provides food availability throughout the year.
- Food preservation stop the food wastage.
- If food is not preserved properly, it can attack by microorganisms that lead to spoilage of food.
What are preservatives? What is it need?
- The materials or substances that use in preserving food are called preservatives.
- The preservatives may be natural such as salt, oil, turmeric powder, sugar, honey and artificial such as Benzoates, Nitrates, Sulphates.
- Preservatives are essential to preserving food properly.
- Preservatives keep food fresher for longer periods of time and prevent spoilage of food.
Natural preservatives are more preferable than artificial preservatives? Why?
- Natural preservatives include salt, oil, turmeric powder, sugar and honey.
- The artificial preservatives are prepared by using some chemicals.
- The natural preservatives retain the nutritional value of the food items, whereas
artificial preservatives reduce the moisture level in the food and they slow down the nutritional value of the food.
- Artificial preservatives are also harmful to our health.
So that natural preservatives are more preferable than artificial preservatives.
What are the Indian traditional preservative methods?
- Generally, some food items are salted and dried for preservation Ex: Mango; tomato, fish, appeal, vadiyalu.
- Salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and oil are added while making pickles.
- Fish, meat, vegetables are freeze in refrigerators.
- Certain fruits are preserved in sugar syrup or honey.
What are the preservative techniques used in the preparation of pickles?
- To prepare a pickle, we need some preservative ingredients such as salt, edible oil, red chilli powder, fenu greek powder, mustard powder, turmeric powder, garlic and asafoetida.
- Salt and turmeric powder control the growth of micro-organisms.
- Garlic and asafoetida add flavour and taste to the pickle.
- And other preservatives are used to taste and preserve the pickle for few months.
List out the healthy food habits.
- Eat a variety of vegetables and fruits every day.
- Drink fat-free and low-fat milk for every day.
- Don’t take junk foods.
- Drink plenty of water instead of sweetened drinks and cool drinks.
Write about millets.
- Millets are stapled food and important sources Of nutrients.
- They contain energy source, proteins and fibres.
- Ex. Finger millets (raagulu), Pearl millets (sajjalu), Great millets (Jonnalu), Foxtail millets (Korralu), Proso millets (samalu) etc.
- Millets are good for health.
Which day is celebrated as World Food Day? What is the aim of the celebration of world food day?
- World Food Day is celebrated every year across the world on 16 th October.
- To promote worldwide awareness on the problem of hunger, malnutrition, and poverty as well as focus attention on agriculture and food production.
Plant roots are also food sources for human beings. How do you support this statement?
- Carrot, beetroot, sweet potato, radish store food materials in their roots.
- These tuberous roots are used as food sources for human beings.
Thus, plant roots are also a food sources for human beings.
How do you prevent the wastage of food?
- By using of proper storage methods.
- Avoid the optimum temperature.
- Decrease the water percentage up to 5%.
- Adding the preservatives.
How will you appreciate people who offer food to the needy?
- It is a very great attitude to offer food for the needy.
- It avoids the hunger for the world.
- It increases empathy in society.
- It is an opportunity to show their humanity towards the needy.
6th Class Science 1st Lesson The Food we Need 8 Mark Important Questions and Answers
To present a symposium in your school, prepare a note about junk food.
- Junk food containing high levels of calories with less vitamins and minerals.
- Most of the fast-food is junk food.
- Pizza, burger, chips, fried fast food, samosa, French fries etc. are junk foods.
- Junk foods do not contain nutritional value.
- Junk food is not easy to digest.
- Eating Junk food causes obesity, digestion issues and loss of appetite.
- It causes drowsiness and harmful to health.
- It causes diabetes, cholesterol and heart diseases.